Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Final [Major] Rob a Bank Obby update

Winston The Noob, iweed1138 and Jeremy422gaming
My latest Rob a Bank Promotional Image


 About 4 years, 361 updates, and 153,500 visits, the 'masterpiece' that is Rob a Bank Obby has received it's last major update. Probably. I made Rob a Bank Obby in the summer of 2017. This was a period of time when I was making A LOT of games (mostly obbies). I had finally learned how to use ROBLOX studio and I was ROBLOX crazed. I was making all sorts of games, I had Builder's Club, I was streaming and making videos and there was very little that could stop me. Most of these games didn't ever become popular, and after a while, I let my Builder's Club membership lapse, spent my last few ROBUX (I was down to about 100 or so), and moved on with my life. Then one day, I noticed something odd. I seemed to have more money than I did last time I logged in. It probably just didn't remember how much I had. I think this was around 2019, and I bought something for Egg Hunt. Then the next time I logged in, I had even more money...? This was strange. I quickly checked to see where all of this money was coming from and it turned out to be Rob a Bank Obby! I began keeping the game updated, fixing up my horrible building, adding and removing scripts. It was a lot of fun! I would join a server and there would be several other people there playing! How cool is that?? I took full advantage of it, releasing tons of updates and spending a ton of time on the game. Look how much the lobby during this period:

Rob a Bank Lobby in 2017
Rob a Bank Obby in 2017

Rob a Bank Obby in 2020
Rob a Bank Obby in 2020

More recently, however, the amount of people who play the game has dropped dramatically and my involvement in other projects has skyrocketed dramatically so that's why I've made the decision to stop updating the game. Now I must mention that doesn't mean I won't ever touch it again. I still think the game is loads of fun! But I feel like it has reached its max potential without completely redoing it. So... what's next?? I'm honestly not sure! I've got several games currently on the back burner that I'm gonna work on with WinstonTheNoob and iweed1138 (we're still evaluating our skills, trying to decide what we can do). I will keep you guys updated when something really takes off running (most everything is still in the concept phase). Here are some leaks from some games that are under construction:






No comments:

Post a Comment